Wednesday

Proudly reporting just for you

Today was the Marathon of Knowledge. I volunteered all day reading questions to all the different grades and I have to tell you...some of those questions were not easy. 4th Grade question: What are the 3 branches of Government? I mean there are more, but honestly, I can't remember them all because of all the questions that I asked today. In between reading, I would go to Kalli's classroom and help out there. At the end of the day the teacher really appreciated my being there because the kids were being a little obnoxious. Oh who am I kidding, a few of the kids were being complete brats. Because of previous misbehavior the kids had 7 minutes to serve. They have to put their heads down and be quiet during this time instead of having play time. Well, I spent the entire rest of the day telling kids to put their head down and to sit down and to be quiet. Comes down to the kids only took about 1 minute of time off because of much fooling around went on.

There is one boy, J, who is really a lot of....work. I ended up pulling him out into the hall and he was fooling around out there too and slid himself down onto the floor while I was trying to talk to him. I said, "excuse me! I won't let my own kids misbehave and be this disrespectful and definitely won't let someone else's child."

In talking with the teacher later, we are pretty sure J has ADHD, however his dad won't let him be tested. In other words, his dad is keeping him from possibly getting treated. I'm no doctor, but if people were questioning whether your child could have ADHD, wouldn't you wanted him or her tested? Don't get me wrong...I don't think all kids have ADHD, some are just brats. However, look into it. If the doctor suggests meds then try them. See if they help. If not...at least you tried. Parents are so worried about this stigma and really...come on. Isn't it more important that your child is happy and stays out of trouble?

So all in all it was a very fun day. Somewhat.

And I'm actually getting somewhat tired so I'm going to attempt to get some sleep tonight.

Oh...and I'm sure some of you are wondering how Cassie and Kalli did on their Marathon of Knowledge question. Well...they both answered every question correctly. All 100 questions. And then all the bonus questions that they had. To say that I'm proud is an understatement. A huge understatement.

Until tomorrow. g'nite.

0 comments: